Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Firefox Error : This application has failed to start because js3250.dll was not found

Technology & Internet

Old 02-11-2009

Firefox Error : This application has failed to start because js3250.dll was not found

Hi,

My Firefox refused to open on my computer. I always tried to run Fiefox, I get an error message that says: "This application has failed to start because js3250.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem." It remains the recommendation to reinstall Firefox, and I and then like 10 minutes after I get the same message. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Old 02-11-2009

Re: Firefox Error : This application has failed to start because js3250.dll was not found

Firefox may fail to boot into Windows or may quit unexpectedly with the message, this application could not start because js3250.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem. You must then reinstall Firefox before it starts again. If you reinstall Firefox lets not start again and use Threatfire from PC Tools AntiVirus, users report that uninstalling Threatfire (and, if necessary, reinstall Firefox) solves the problem.
Old 02-11-2009

Re: Firefox Error : This application has failed to start because js3250.dll was not found

The error may be caused by malware that deletes the js3250.dll and other program files Firefox to perform certain actions, like opening a desktop shortcut or Internet Explorer, or access to Control Panel, My Computer or Windows Explorer. In such cases, re-install Firefox is only a temporary solution because the problem will resurface.
Old 02-11-2009

Your problem lies in the firefox itself. By installing the software, the files needed to run properly missing in the installer or simply deleted from your pc. Try to find these files separately in the installer disk. If they are not there, you're missing. In this case, you must contact that program about this and try to get another disk or a disk with these programs that are missing in it. If it is there, the windows removed after installation. This is caused by an anti-virus program or something installed on your machine. We see that this file is not allowed to be placed on. So, you must obtain authorization from the manufacturer of your computer.
Old 02-11-2009

See if you can start in safe mode. Home> Mozilla Firefox Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). This will start without any extensions and the default theme. If it works, then is an extension or theme. If that fails, try to create a new profile. You may have to do a clean installation of Firefox. Removing Firefox, not delete the profile folder.
Old 02-11-2009

One password-stealing trojan that causes this issue is detected by Avira Antivir and is described here. This trojan creates the system file ipv6monl.dll (among other files and registry entries) and deletes these Firefox program files:

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\xpcom.dll
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\softokn3.dll
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\nss3.dll
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\js3250.dll

As a temporary workaround until you can get your system cleaned, you can try making the above four files read-only.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,