Thread: Plug-in problem with Internet Explorer 8

Plug-in problem with Internet Explorer 8

I'm running Windows Xp along with Internet Explorer 8 on my machine. Now the problem is that whenever I try to automatically upgrade plugins, during the upgrade process the original plugin is deleted and then I get error message that the upgrade was not successful and I end up without having the particular plugin as the original version is deleted and the new version is not installed. Now with FireFox 3.5 I developed npapi plugin however when I start debugging it - FireFox starts (and plugin works ) however debugger won't start to work. Can any one tell me that why does i'm facing such Plug-in problem with Internet Explorer 8? Does any body knows about it? Please help me out.

Re: Plug-in problem with Internet Explorer 8

The plug-in component extends the function of the HTTP Server by intercepting requests and passing them to either WebSphere Application Server or the HTTP Server. I can debug if I insert some break point in a dll like for example MessageBox then attach to firefox, but not usual way.

It could be due to security restrictions imposed by your hosting provider. Without knowing the exact error message. Is there anything specific in your server's error logs? To diagnose plug-in problems, verify the data in the files are consistent with both the HTTP request and the active configuration in the servlet engine. The plug-in configuration files are generated periodically so a delay can occur between the time a change is made in the system and the time the change is reflected in the configuration files.

I think you need to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 from your system and then need to install it back on your pc. According to me you should try to restart the HTTP Server. If the Web Server initializes and runs, then WebSphere Application Server has a problem.