Thread: which VPN is best one

which VPN is best one

Hello,
    I need to connect my branch offices,telecommuters and remote workers corporate network. i need secure access, 24 hours a day.so which VPN is good for me in terms of connectivity and security? one of my friend suggest me SSL VPN. is it good in perfomance? Any suggestion??

Re: which VPN is best one

SSL VPNs have been gaining popularity in the past while.t if you are SSL-encrypted traffic from end to end, it can not be seen by your firewall, Intrusion Prevention Systems, devices, load balancing or any other system of network management. SSL on your server also adds a fair bit of overhead, so it's probably better to offload this to be a proxy anyway, and then route traffic through your corporate LAN secure. it's just web access. There is no client software to load, and can be used anywhere. On the negative side, if you need access to applications that are not webified, you'll need something to act as an intermediary - which may include your e-mail.

Tried and IPSec trusted, IPSec sets up a tunnel from the remote site - either a single user with client software on their PC or network device terminating the tunnel for an office all users - on your central site. Once connected, you access your applications as normal, and it is immaterial whether it is the web-apps or not.it 's designed for IP traffic, although this is not so much a question aujourd Today, but if you have non-IP data, you "d need to configure GRE tunnels separately and run IPSec over them as you would to support multicast traffic.Hybrids is a few companies have managed to combine characteristics of SSL and IPSec, for example Net6 which is now owned by Citrix. Others work to do likewise.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

MPLS VPNs. They are not good for remote access for individual users, but for the site to site connectivity, are the most flexible and scalable options. All work is at the network - users see only the standard network connectivity - and they support QoS and multicast, so you do not have to worry about the apps people need access to. Of course, an MPLS network is not as easy to set up or add to the other, and it ends up costing more. SSL comes into its own when you have people from accessing your network against non-PC business: partners, suppliers, public Internet computers, this kind of thing, because there is no client software required. When your users need only access to Web applications, it is easy, fast and cheap. If you have an Internet connection, you can access your data. But it may not address all requests for your business needs.