Thread: Web browser freezes at regular intervals

Web browser freezes at regular intervals

Hi,
    I am using Internet Explorer 7 in my PC. Currently I have Windows XP on it. I have a broadband internet connection at my home. When I surf my Web browser freezes in the middle at the time of surfing. It happens at regular intervals. I restarted my system and checked back again. But still the problem continuous. I am not able to determine the cause behind this.

Re: Web browser freezes at regular intervals

If you have any extension on the browser then that is causing the problem. If you have also added any skin to the browser then remove it. Remove all add ons and third party extension from your browser. This can be done by accessing Tools > Option. Remove all the add ons. If still the problem lies then just re-install your browser or use FireFox.

Open My Computer > Setting > Control Panel. In the windows switch to classic view from the left site. If you are already in classic view then open Network > TCP IP > Dailup adapter > Wins configuration. In the settings window disable the WINS resolution. Restart your computer. Check back again. If still the browser freezes then it might be corrupted. Re-install it.

This can be due to add ons on your browser. Open Internet Explorer. See that you had installed a number toolbars on the main window at top. Right click on them and stop them. Run a automatic update for the browser. Click on Tools > Options > Advanced. In the list go to Multimedia and remove all ticks from it. By this you will stop the browser in showing up multi media content like images, videos, flash files, etc. This will improve your browsing speed.

merryjohnson Guest

May be the reason behind this is that your system has heavy load on it or it is under attack of the some virus, althoigh their are chances that your browser has been corrupted for some reason. You should either try to remove the virus or uninstall the browser if its windows default go to add/remive compnent disbale ie adn try installing Firefox...may beit will help......