Thread: How to block video from youtube

How to block video from youtube

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. I'm using Firefox as my web browser on my pc. I have a limited plan internet connection on my pc. So, i would like to know that how can i block video from youtube? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to block video from youtube

A Firefox (Firefox) extension called TubeStop was created to keep YouTube videos from automatically playing on the video-sharing site. Google Video and Yahoo! Video are similar web site where the public can access and upload videos. It seems that some countries might be preparing to ban these sites due to their content. TubeStop replaces YouTube’s native player on the site with the embeddable version, which has not been ad-ified yet. So get the TubeStop extension now, and you’ll be prepared for when Google starts rolling ads on YouTube again.

If the video doesn't fit youtubes requirements, you can "flag" it by clicking the flag button under the video. Or you can also edit your host file and add the site you want to block. That's your Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Streaming video eats its share of bandwidth, too, limiting bandwidth available for legitimate purposes. But anyways to do that go to YouTube. Then go to tools-->internet options-general-->content--> advisor-->enable-->approved sites. Then you need to enter websites you want blocked or allowed and choose block/never or allow.