Thread: Popcorn NFS issue in Windows 7

Popcorn NFS issue in Windows 7

Hi,
    I was just trying to figure out that someone has attempted to use NFS on Windows 7. The same is running on Windows Vista in my system. Things are fine. Now as Windows 7 is available I want to upgraded. But I had noticed several issue arising due to NFS in Windows 7 computer. If anyone is using it then what is your feedback on the same. What all settings should be needed. Thanks.

Re: Popcorn NFS issue in Windows 7

It works fine in Windows 7 also. But at start you will face some access denied issue. Here you will need to configure the streamer properly. I am currently using in on my Windows XP PC. Just get the NFS permission on the files which you want to stream first. If you face errors then you can simply go on the troubleshooting options for more solutions.

If you have not used Popcorn on Windows 7 then first I will recommend you to get proper file or folder access permission. For you will have to configure the same. You can do this by using Windows Explorer. Just open it and then right click on the file or folder. Go to properties and click on NFS Attributes tab. Under this you can see File attributes. Configure the settings here properly. Click apply > OK and restart your system.

If you are not able to get the shared resources on NFS then you will have to the proper active directory. Otherwise it will not work on Windows 7. Because the services of NFS are not assigned Active Directory domain or any other user name mapping server which can be used by them. So here just provide the correct active directory domain or user name mapping server any one from them and enjoy the services.