Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-10-2009

IE8 force for update even when it is turned off

Hi,
In my Windows 7 computer the system prompts me for security update even when I am not using Internet Explorer 8 as a web browser. Currently Mozilla Firefox is the default web browser in my system. I ignored the same and does not want to download the update. What should I do here to stop Internet Explorer from sending information about the update. Thanks.
Old 15-10-2009

Re: IE8 force for update even when it is turned off

If you are prompted for update then it is recommended to install the same. Because these are essential security update for Internet Explorer. The updates are prompted if Automatic updates option in your control panel is turned on. Disabling that will stop update recommendation on your screen. the update is essential for good browsing experience. The browser runs a bit faster and smoother after the update.
Old 15-10-2009

Simply open control panel. Then look for Automatic updates and turn it off. But after this Windows will not prompt you for any update. The same updates which are installed before can be manually removed from the Add/Remove programs. Sometime this updates make your system slow. The updates are officially announced and can be later on downloaded from the Microsoft site.
Old 15-10-2009

Download the blocker toolkit application. It is a small handy tool which blocks Internet Explorer 8 to send information for receiving updates. Download the same from below attachment. Install it and then you will not receive any prompt for updates. It is also recommended that you should turn off your automatic updates from control panel. Install the tool and restart your system.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,