Thread: how to set a password for Outlook

how to set a password for Outlook

Hello everyone, as the title suggests I would like to put a password to read my messages in outlook.can someone tell me , how can i put password to my outlook , please help me , thank in advance.

Re: how to set a password for Outlook

Adding a password to your personal folders (. Pst) can prevent other users to view the data it contains. The password also allows you to view the file when you logged under another name.

To add a password to your personal folders, display the folder list. To do this, click Folder List on the View menu.

* If you use Outlook in Internet Mail
    click right mouse button on Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], and then click Properties for "Personal Folders" in the context menu that appears.

* If you use Outlook in the Corporate or Workgroup
    click the right mouse click Personal Folders, then click Properties for "Personal Folders" in the context menu that appears.

In the General tab, click Advanced .... In the window that appears, click the Edit button for password. type your password and your new password ( twice for confirmation). In this way, the system will require entering your password. At next start of Outlook it will prompt you to type the password

Run Outlook Express, then click the File menu, then click on Identities Order Manage Identities. The main identity represents the current state of Outlook Express, that is to say, for a normal single user (without identity). We'll assign that identity to the first user. To do this, select the Main Identity, then click the Properties button. Then enter the name of the first user in the field Enter your name instead of Main Identity. To set a password for this user, select the Require a password. A window opens in which you must enter the password, then his confirmation. Click OK to confirm the password. Click OK to update identity.

Pull down the File menu, select Identities and click on Manage Identities. ... Select Identity Main Identity and click the Properties button. You can then take ownership of the identity by entering your name. Then check the box Require password to protect your personal information. The software asks you to enter 2 times your password to avoid errors. Click OK to confirm and then returned to the Identity Properties window, then OK again. Your account is now protected by password. Click Finish.