Thread: How to remove Bing toolbar?

How to remove Bing toolbar?

Hi,

I have many toolbars on my Internet explorer 7. I have by mistaken installed Bing toolbar. I certainly don't need to have Microsoft Bing. Can anyone tell me how or if this can be removed?

Thanks

Re: How to remove Bing toolbar?

It should be in Add / Remove Programs, but if not, we will assume you are using IE8 and go from there so that we can at least disable it.

1 stick of tools - IE8 Enable. To do this, right click on the IE8 toolbar and enable 'Menu Bar.
    2 - Go to "Tools" menu and select "Manage Add-ons".
    3 - Select / Hightlight BING toolbar and click 'Turn off' at the bottom right.

Close, restart IE8 and should be all set.

Have you tried with Add/ remove ??? If not, go to Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs in the Start menu on your PC and select “remove” next to the application Bing Toolbar. It will automatically uninstall the application from your computer.

To remove Bing toolbar, Go to My Computer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ etc and open the hosts file. You must ask for what you want to use to open it, select Notepad. Then add the bottom add:
    Code:
    74.125.127.100 www.bing.com
    2.74.125.127.100 bing.com
    Now save the file and restart the browser, if it is still running. Now, when the browser tries to go to Bing.com be directed to Google instead.

ThumbsUp Re: How to remove Bing toolbar?

Hi i know all these steps dont work none of them i know you have try all of them and hours of waste.
    Plz just look at my youtube video how to remove it my steps work honestly.....

10/10

Thanks Crazykid88 for sharing the video with us, I was really struggling hard to disable the Bing toolbar and none of the suggested steps worked. I followed the procedure shown in the video and it really worked.

Kool told ya my steps work no more wasting hours of time and doing many steps that at the end dont work.

ohmy Re: How to remove Bing toolbar?

I discovered something very clever and devious with bing. They are really MSN. If you go to control panel you will see msn toolbar. This actually the bing toolbar . If you hit remove it will uninstal bing within 2 minutes. Very simple but devious on the part of bing an microsoft. You can't trust microsoft anymore they are no good. Good Luck and may the force be with you