Thread: How to add or change mobile device to Nokia Ovi

How to add or change mobile device to Nokia Ovi

While searching for some information about Nokia Ovi, i got the following thread How can i synchronise my device with Ovi.com account . Well there some much important thing that i needed and i must thank you for that. But there's not all i needed. Actually i gave made an account for me on Ovi and want to know how can I add or change my mobile device on Ovi ? I request you guys to please help me soon as i need it to do as early as possible. Thanks in advance..

Re: How to add or change mobile device to Nokia Ovi

If you currently use another synchronisation method or application to manage your data, it is recommended that you do not sync information from Ovi to your device. Doing so may result in loss of data. You can, however, sync information from your device to Ovi.

Here is the step by step process of adding your mobile device to Ovi:-

• Sign in to Ovi.
    • Click Add a device on the Ovi home page.
    • Select your device from the list of Ovi Sync compatible devices, and click Next .
    • Enter your mobile device details, country, and time zone information, and click Next .
    • Enter the phone number in international format: enter the + character, the country code, the area code (omit the leading 0, if necessary), and the phone number. For example, +4412345678. You must select the same time zone as in your device settings.
    • Confirm your details, and click Next .
    • You will receive the sync settings for your Nokia device in a text message. If you do not receive the sync settings, check the details you have entered.
    • Select the text message that contains the sync settings on your mobile device, and enter the randomly generated PIN code given on the Ovi page.
    • Select Options > Save to install the settings to your device.
    • When you have installed the settings to your device, click Next and then Done on the Ovi page to exit the setup wizard.

You can change the device associated with Ovi without having to remove the previous device. Here is how to do that, just go through this:-

1. Sign in to Ovi.
    2. In the Your device area of the Ovi home page, click Manage your device .
    3. Click Change device beside the device you want to change, and follow the steps for adding a device.

To add more devices to Ovi, click Manage your device in the Your device area on the Ovi home page, select Add a device and follow the steps mentioned in the above post.

You can also add your mobile device to Ovi when accessing Ovi on your mobile device. In case you feel to remove any of your added device from Ovi than just sign in to Ovi. In the Your device area on the Ovi home page, click Manage your device . Click Remove device beside the device. When you remove your mobile device from Ovi, you are no longer able to sync the device with Ovi, and the details of the device are deleted from Ovi.