Thread: How to open MSN Inbox automatically

How to open MSN Inbox automatically

When I'm on MSN and I click on the envelope to go to read my emails, it opens Firefox as desired (default browser) but it always asks me to re-enter my username and password instead to connect it automatically like in IE. This is very painful.

So I tried to uninstall/reinstall live messenger, taking care to remove my profile from time, but nothing works.

On the contrary, if I put in IE the default browser, no worries, it opens my mailbox directly.

I do not see how too solve this problem. If someone have any idea how to open MSN Inbox automatically?

Re: How to open MSN Inbox automatically

You must check the "remember my address and my password" on the window re-identification and ensure that Firefox does not delete cookies on exit. This solution is a bit "dirty", but it works. If someone has better, it is with great interest that I read.

Yes but unfortunately if cookies are cleared, then the reconnection is not automatic and must enter it again. While this is not the case with IE.

In the end I wondered if I could not open the mail automatically with IE, while keeping Firefox as your primary browser ...

I would recommend you to keep IE for your Hotmail/Live account, it may be possible by hacking the registry. If you do not want Firefox to delete the cookies then you can set the rules in Firefox by going to Tools menu, selecting Options, going to "Privacy" tab. Here specify the site that you want Firefox to always allow the cookies. You can also set the rules: in "Privacy" tab, check "Accept cookies from sites", "Accept third-party cookies" and "Keep cookies until they expire" check boxes.