Thread: Error "unexpected quantifier" in Yahoo messenger

Error "unexpected quantifier" in Yahoo messenger

Hi,, I am a Windows Vista user and having Yahoo Messenger as an IM on my system. From last few days, some times while chatting with anyone it give me error saying "unexpected quantifier."

Yesterday i reinstalled it again but still it gives me the same error. Do anyone of you have any idea about this ? Please let me know too..

Re: Error "unexpected quantifier" in Yahoo messenger

An error message of "unexpected quantifier" is one of the more common script error messages people are getting. Most probably this error occurs on the system that do not have the latest browser and scripting components provided through Microsoft software updates. Look for "Windows Script 5.6" for your Operating System and follow the instructions for installing the same file.

It sounds like a programming error. I'll suggest you to install Sun Microsystems Java and Adobe Flash Player version 9 or greater. Java technology's versatility, efficiency, platform portability, and security make it the ideal technology for network computing. You should also visit Windows Update, a Microsoft site that checks your computer for updates and patches to correct related to your operating system and web browser components.

Hey, thanks for sharing this useful info friends.. I was also facing the same error some weeks ago and i downloaded Windows Scripting Package that helped me out from that. This download installed Visual Basic Script Edition (VBScript.) Version 5.6, JScript Version 5.6, Windows Script Components, Windows Script Host 5.6, and Windows Script Runtime Version 5.6.

You can try installing this.