Thread: What is e-mail archiving

What is e-mail archiving

I had been running Windows Vista on my pc. I usually used Microsoft Outlook for mailing process. I would like to know that what is an email archiving? Is it safe to do email archiving? Any one have any idea on email archiving? Kindly provide me the correct information on email archiving. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: What is e-mail archiving

Email archiving is a stand-alone IT application that integrates with an enterprise email server, such a Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Domino. The IT department would back up e-mail, but not in a manner that made messages searchable. Email is critical to your small to medium sized business' communication, but it brings with it a host of new problems; dealing with storage limits, periodic backups, problematic PST files, access to old emails and regulatory compliance.

In addition to simply accumulating email messages, these applications index and provide quick, searchable access to archived messages independent of the users of the system using a couple of different technical methods of implmentation. E-mail archiving is a systematic approach to saving and protecting the data contained in e-mail messages so it can be accessed quickly at a later date. In the past, companies often relied on end-users to maintain their own individual e-mail archives. Employees can access the archive by either using an add-in for Microsoft Outlook, by using their internet browser or by using the intuitive client software for Windows.

GFI MailArchiver is an email archiving and email management solution for Exchange Server that is easy to install and requires minimal administrative effort. Email Archive improves regulatory compliance, promotes greater efficiency in email management, and supports email continuity planning by automating the capture of all email records, including attachments, that are sent and received company-wide. When GFI MailArchiver is installed, all email is stored in a central location that is easily accessible in two ways through a folder in their Outlook email client or using a web browser.