Thread: Need Google Voice Help on Mac

Need Google Voice Help on Mac

Recently i had setup Google Voice on my system. I have Mac running as my operating system. Now the problem is that my Google Voice number get forwarded to my work voicemail instead of going to my Google Voice directly. This seems to be because my work # forwards unanswered calls to its own Voicemail, but I need to have the work Voicemail on that system. I would like to have all my calls going to all other numbers through Google Voicemail. Can any body help me out with this Google Voicemail problem? Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need Google Voice Help on Mac

If you want Google Voice to be your universal phone hub, everybody has to call it. Google Voice is a service that gives you one number for all your phones, voicemail that is easy as email, and many enhanced calling features like call blocking and screening, voicemail transcripts, call conferencing, international calls, and more. After enabling SMS-to-email forwarding, every time you receive a new SMS on your Google Voice number, we will send you an email notification.

Generally the first thing I do in any kind of script like this is set the user agent to whatever my browser sends. Aside from oddball errors like this, you also get the really annoying issue of different content based on the user agent string. The idea behind Google Voice is a single phone number for all of your needs, you then determine how and where to handle the calls. SMS messages use the phone number as the address and since the Google number is not the same as your cell number, they need to provide an intermediary within the service.

It is not a phone service, to use Google Voice you must already have a working telephone number. If Voice's mobile or desktop web sites are accessible, you have to call into your Google Voice number, hit 2 to place a call, then enter the number you're calling back. Then, log in to the Google Voice web portal and tell it how to route calls based on multiple criteria. For example, you can ring all of your numbers simultaneously and take the call wherever you are. Or you can screen calls so that only known contacts ring your phone and others go to voice mail.