Thread: What is Google Slap

What is Google Slap

Hello Friends,

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I'm using Firefox as well as Internet Explorer 7 as my web browser. I would like to know that what is a Google Slap? Any body have any idea about it? I tried to search on the internet but didn't got much information on it. So, kindly provide me the correct information on Google Slap.

Thank You.

Re: What is Google Slap

The term Google slap is commonly used for a penalty imposed on a Google Adwords pay per click campaign in which ads point to landing pages that have very little content that is relevant to the ad. The Google Slap (which technically is really "The Google Adwords Slap") is really an adjustment made to AdWords that penalizes (slaps) advertisers who have landing pages and sites with little content.

The Google Slap is a term used unaffectionately by mainly small businesses that rely on AdWords accounts through Google to drum up business for their sites. If Google suspects that your landing page is not relevant enough, they will raise the minimum bid amount for some or all of your keywords.

AdWords for Google allows people to have their advertisements for their own businesses on pages with keywords or subjects that relate to their products. Pages that took a while to load were also hit with the Google slap.However, if Google finds or determines that the page that potential customers visit when they click on the ad is not related, is poor in quality, or even loads too slowly, they may take punitive action in the form of a Google Slap. Many campaigns were hit with the Google slap because the squeeze pages contained content that was full of sales hype rather than being useful and informative.