Thread: Firefox / IE - Blank Page

Firefox / IE - Blank Page

For more than a week, I have a recurring problem. Mozilla Firefox hangs on a blank page, same thing on Internet Explorer. Therefore, I can not access google, and the intranet. The browser is completely blocked and only a complete restart of the computer solves the problem.

The problem occurs whenever the same time slot, between 16 hours and 18 hours. As if there was some saturation in use.

I tried various things:

- First, I immediately thought of the antivirus, but disabling it does not solve the problem.
    - I emptied the cache, delete all cookies and temporary files.
    - I saw nothing unusual in the task manager, particularly in terms of memory allocated to Firefox.
    - In the basic version of Mozilla Firefox 2, I updated it to have the latest version hoping solved the problem but to no avail.

What bothers me is that the problem occurs always at the same time to an hour and a PC reboot resolves the concerns.

Do some people have already encountered this problem? Research on google reported many cases, but all solutions I have read so far have proved ineffective or inappropriate.

Re: Firefox / IE - Blank Page

Well, first, when the problem occur again, you should try to ping a site that you're working on and see if it responds to pings (eg google.com) What modem? What ISP? What OS? Also may be DHCP lease expired and not renewed?

I forgot to mention in fact. I have tried pinging google and it responds. I run Windows XP.

I have verified connectivity on other computer and I have noticed no problems.
    Another thing I go to the net through an HTTP proxy, but I specified not to use it for LAN.

And I do not see how DHCP can completely block Mozilla Firefox and IE.

Some tips to check

- Put your Firefox updated, reinstall the latest version is 3.5.3
    - Check for updates for Java module
    - Same for Flash Player

One question, are you having fixed IP? The dns ip of the router can sometimes cause problem. Basically we must put your DNS hard if not already.

Close your current application and delete all temporary files manually (not via 2 browsers) Windows key + R then type %temp% and clear everything inside, those in use you will return an error. This is normal.