Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-09-2009

How do I block an IP address using command prompt

Hello Friends,

I would like to know that how can i block an ip-address from pc to alpha server by using the command prompt? Is it possible for me to do so? Kindly provide me the correct information for doing it. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
Old 29-09-2009

Re: How do I block an IP address using command prompt

Best bet would be to install a firewall, Checkpoint is really good. I assume Your TCPIP software is "TCPIP services for OpenVMS",then to block an address for all protocols by using the commands TCPIP SET COMMUNICATION / REJECT= ipaddress for the running system.
Old 29-09-2009

Sometimes people attempt to abuse the system or mistakenly scan their ISP or Proxy provider's ip adress. To block permanently TCPIP SET CONFIGURATION Communication / REJECT= ipaddress
Old 29-09-2009

If you are using IIS 4.0, you can deny access to your WWW sites to either a specific IP or a whole network/subnet (using network IP and subnet mask). To reject nodes for a particular service like TELNET, the command is:
TCPIP SET SERVICE TELNET /REJECT=ipaddress You can also deny all ecept some using /ACCEPT instead of /REJECT.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,