Thread: Macbook with leopard drops internet connection

Macbook with leopard drops internet connection

Hello pals, dont know if this is the right section to post this query hope you guys will help. I have a mackbook which is troubling me from a while now. Macbook with leopard drops internet connection after every 4 to 5 minutes of connecting to the wifi network. I first thought it might be the wifi network which is at trouble, but then i noticed that this happens with the macbook only. I tried the wifi connection with my iPhone and an old laptop with Windows XP which both works fine. Can anyone help me please?

Dr. V Guest

Re: Macbook with leopard drops internet connection

Is your wifi driver configure properly? Also check in the network preference that the wifi is configured properly and there is no software related problem. Also check and if possible, bind the macbook's mac address with an ip so that it can get a consistent performance. Also try to update your macbook, may be that could help. Hope this works.

Hello, thanks for your quick responsible. I had a hard time figuring out how to bind mac address in my router but i got it pretty quickly. Also i have updated my macbook to 10.5.8 yesterday itself. I too thought it may fix my problem, but to make the situation worse it didn't fix it and the problem still persists. What else can be done? I know it is not a problem of the wifi network of signal problem as my iPhone and Windows XP laptop both works fine. Any other way?

Hey, Well i would suggest you to take a backup of your system with Time Machine Utility and then reinstall Leopard on the Macbook. This may help you to fix the problem. I had till kind of problem in my Mac with Linksys router and i was about to dump my router, but soon i realised it is not at problem. I reinstalled Leopard and everything went well...