Thread: Blackberry Connect with Fido network

Blackberry Connect with Fido network

I'm using a Blackberry phone. I was simply using it as a nice phone/PDA for voice and sms. I would like to know that is it true that Blackberry can connect with Fido network? Has any body used their Blackberry with Fido network? Kindly provide me your suggestion on the above one. Any kind of suggestion or information on the above topic would be appreciated.

Re: Blackberry Connect with Fido network

YES, a BlackBerry can be used to its full potential on the Fido network. Fido has officially launched their first BlackBerry smartphone. Apparently Fido might follow a similar suit to both Solo and Virgin Mobile by offering the Pearl as their first BlackBerry.

First off when you get a new/used BlackBerry, call Fido customer service and need to activate the BlackBerry Connect plan on your account. I myself had added a BB data plan on the phone with Fido Customer service. Then you just need to go to fido.blackberry.com and need to register your username and password over there.

Simply follow the easy instructions on the website. Once you have completed the registration for the device, start setting up your email accounts. You wait like 15 minutes and then your email starts coming in and all the required applications are added to your phone. After you have configured at least one email account, click on the ”Service Books” link from the left navigation. When you purchase a new cell, chances are it will be locked to the network you bought it on, and if you try to put another networks Sim card in, it will not accept it. On the Service Books page, click on the ”Send Service Books” button and your device will begin to register with the BlackBerry service, likely receiving up to two messages welcoming you to the service and confirming your email account configuration.