Thread: Can't use Bonjour Chat on Mac

Can't use Bonjour Chat on Mac

I have a Macintosh, whereas some of my friend have Microsoft Windows XP installed on their machine. In order to chat with them using bonjour, i told them to downloaded bonjour for Microsoft Windows. They got bonjour as a plugin for their Internet explorer. But the problem is that we are unable to chat from Macintosh to Microsoft Windows using bonjour. Can any body tell me that why we are not able to use bonjour chat? What i need to do to get bonjour chat working on our machine? Let me know the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Can't use Bonjour Chat on Mac

Bonjour offers you the ability to host a local chat client between all of your networked computers through iChat. Pidgin is a free, open-source multi-protocol Instant Messaging client that allows you to use all of your IM accounts.

You need a Bonjour-supporting chat program. You can use the any free program to communicate to iChat through Bonjour. You need to install Pidgin which also supports Bonjour, which means you and your friends can easily discover and chat with each other through our virtual social network.

Bonjour for Windows is more than just an Internet Explorer plug-in. If you have a PC connected to your network and want to have a local network chat with the other local computers, you will need a chat client for the PC. It provides a Printer Setup Wizard, and it provides various frameworks.