Thread: Configuring Mail Server in RHEL5

Configuring Mail Server in RHEL5

Dear friends,

I am here for asking a favor from you guys, I would like to set up a mail server. I didn't have any idea about mail service in Rhel, i just need to configure mail server in my RHEL5 server please help me.post the good links regarding mail server in rhel5

thanks a lot..

Re: Configuring Mail Server in RHEL5

Postfix will be providing the SMTP service, Dovecot will provide the POP3 and IMAP service, while Apache and SquirrelMail will provide the Webmail service.If you did not add postfix and system-switch-mail-gnome during the CentOS installation, you can add it now using Package Manager tool.I know that it shows thats what the host name is when i run hostname in the CLI but how make sure that the outside world will see that so they can get to it and access the website.

There are different mail servers popular now a days. Once i heard that You are not a system admin if you have not configured Sendmail once, you are crazy if you set up it twice. Sendmail is one of the oldest mail servers. There are other various mail servers which are famous now a days but Nix* lovers still use sendmail as they believe old is some what good

If you are looking for Squirrel Mail I am with you. Which is kind of web interface to your computer mail system.First, you have to install an MTA (qmail can take care of this for you). Next, you required to install an IMAP server, for that I suggest dovecot. Now you need to setup an HTTP server (apache would be a better selection) with PHP and then you can install squirrel mail.I know that was a rough overview, but hopefully enough to make you on the right path.