Thread: How to change facebook username

How to change facebook username

Hi guys, just newly joined the facebook, and mistakenly i have written my first name wrong and its appearing as my username. I can't find the option to change my username in facebook. Someone please help me with this? there should be some way rather than creating new account. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: How to change facebook username

I was also using facebook but not now, and as far as i know there is no way to change the username, i know its sounds wired but in facebook blog they have stated clearly that you cannot change username once you have submitted it.

Quote Originally Posted by abhav View Post
    I was also using facebook but not now, and as far as i know there is no way to change the username, i know its sounds wired but in facebook blog they have stated clearly that you cannot change username once you have submitted it.
    Yes you are right, there were no policy to change username on facebook but however now they have changed their policy and usernames can be change easily in any event. Users can change their user names navigating in "Settings" at the top-right of the Facebook page and then click on "Account Settings". The second option from the top is "Username". Press "Change" button to enter in your new username and then select "Confirm" when you're ready to set it. And you can also choose custom username to make your profile page as: “www.facebook.com/username”.

There is one way , if you go in help section of your login page at the bottom right corner you can change email address and username that shows up on you profile. This is the URL you need to go http://www.facebook.com/help.php?page=748 and change yuor username and email address easily.