Thread: Find my maximum connection speed

Find my maximum connection speed

Hi,
    I am not that good in the networking and all internet stuff. I have high speed broadband connection and it is working fine. I want to find out my maximum connection speed. Some people are getting fast speed using same connection. Any ideas?

Thank you for all reply.

Re: Find my maximum connection speed

If you want to see how fast your line is, you can check it with Broadband Speed Checker. To take a broadband speed test and find out the broadband speed available in your area, just enter your telephone number or postcode in our broadband postcode and get the speed results. You will need a minimum of 2MB speed to be able to get BT vision.

If you are facing any speed problems, you can use some applications or softwares like download accelerator. This will increase your internet speed by considerable amount. It ensures your computer is using maximum bandwidth by downloading from parallel mirror sites. It also organizes all your downloads, allows resuming broken sessions, runs a security check on files before you open them, etc. Check this thread on How to increase the speed of Torrent Download?.

There is also a broadbandspeedchecker which is more fast and easy to operate. You just need to start the speed test by clicking on the big button in the center of the page. The check will start by downloading a file and will measure your download speed. Once the download has finished, the broadband speed test will try to upload a file and will measure your upload speed.

i just change maximum port speed from 7.2mbps to 921.6kbps.can anybody help me change back to 7.2mbps?i just check that 7.2mbps cannot found anymore in maximum port speed list. can this effect my broadband speed?