Thread: "Waiting for Network” issue in Pidgin

"Waiting for Network” issue in Pidgin

Hi, I am a Linux user and having Pidgin as my Instant Messenger. From last two days, whenever I sign in to pidgin it shows me message saying 'Waiting for Network' in my status bar. I keep waiting to let it go, but it won't. It just get stuck at the same message and won't allow me to login to chat. I don't what to do now. Could you guys help me out for the same ?

Re: "Waiting for Network” issue in Pidgin

I can't say that it is a slow internet connection problem because users having high speed internet also face this problem with Pidgin. This issue is really very annoying. At present what i can suggest you is that open Pidgin and go to Accounts tab and click Manage Accounts. Now uncheck all your chat account and after few minutes re-enable them again. Now log out and sign in again. Hope this can help you in some manner.Do let me know the result.

I don't think disabling and re-enabling an account work in this case.This is caused by Pidgin being built with support for Network Manager and NM not thinking you have any active network connections. Using Network manager for network handling is not always possible. I guess it can be the cause of connectivity. Its means you may not connected yet to the internet, so check the internet connection. If it still won't work than just reinstall Pidgin again and try.

Well, i tried to disable the accounts and re-enabling it again but that won't worked for me. I am also sure that i have a good internet connection so that also not problem. So now I'll try to reinstall Pidgin again and hope that works for me. Thanks for your help.