Thread: How to enable Google Voice Player in Gmail

How to enable Google Voice Player in Gmail

Hey,, I heard that Google has rolled out feature to listen Google voice mail directly from Gmail. Is that true ? If yes than its gonna help me lot.

Please let me know how can i enable the Google Voice Player in Gmail ? Thanks for all your help.

Re: How to enable Google Voice Player in Gmail

In order to get the benefits of this feature, first make sure that you have the Google Voice account. Every new features that Google launch for Gmail user always comes in the Gmail Labs. To enable the Google Voice Player just go through this simple steps:-

• Open Gmail and sign in with your ID and Password.
    • Now click on the settings on the Top right of the [age.
    • Go to the Lab Tab
    • Find the option 'Google Voice player in mail' and Click enable.
    • Save the changes and you are done.

Hey, what you mean by Google Voice Player and Google voice mail. I am also using Gmail but have never heard about that.

Could you guy please pass on some info about the same ?

Google voice is a feature that allows you to manage your communications with a unique phone number that rings all your existing phones. You can check it online or from your phone. When you receive a new voicemail, Google Voice sends an email notification that includes a transcription of the voicemail.Google Voice users have lots of interesting features like redirecting numbers to specific phones, voicemail, transcripts and email notifications as soon as a message was recorded.

Now once you enabled it form the Gmail Labs, when you receive a notification email from Google Voice, you will see the Google Voice player at the bottom of the message. Click the Play button to listen to the message.This enables you to play the voicemail message directly from Gmail.

Google Voice is a service that gives you one number for all your phones, voicemail that is easy as email, and many enhanced calling features like call blocking and screening, voicemail transcripts, call conferencing, international calls, and more. In order to get benefits of this feature you must first sign up for Google voice. This service is free of cost but it is only available for US customers.