Thread: Facing mulitple problem in Outlook Express

Facing mulitple problem in Outlook Express

Hi,
    I had recently upgrade my Microsoft Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2007. Now my outlook express was working fine. But as I had imported my old mails into it I facing several issues. First whenever I double click on a message to view it gives a deletion error message. After that I have to restart the application. It takes a long time to send the message and sometime the message does not goes and give out error that unable to send messages. I think the mails in my inbox is corrupted. How can I fix them. There is very important data included in it. Help needed. Thanks in advance.

Re: Facing mulitple problem in Outlook Express

Many you had not properly installed the application because of which you are getting errors. You need to remove office 2007 and perform a clean installation to avoid such errors in future. But do not worry about the mails. They can be saved and you can get them back after installation. The default location where you mails are stored is C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. In this copy all the folders. Then other way is click on Files > Import and Export. Then click Export to a file and next. In the list select Personal Folders (.pst). Outlook will prompt you for your email password. Provide and and get the mails on a specific location. Reinstall outlook express and in the same way import personal folders.

The mail issue is related to internet issue. If you inter connection is not proper then outlook express is not able to contact the mail server which results in errors or slow processing. Thing you have to take care is first check out that our personal setting are correct. You user profile in Outlook express is not damaged and you can properly access it. Check that your POP3 and SMTP server is specified properly. Configure you antivirus so that it must not block outlook. And configure your firewall.

The error is quiet common and really annoying. But there is a easy way to get rid out of it. You can simply run the inbox repair tool. The tool is located in the Outlook folder in the name of SCANPST.exe. You can find it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\ or C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033. It is repair utility which is used to fix when there is any mail errors. If you do not find it then run a search process for the same file. Once you find it double click on it and run it. Give the location of default directory of outlook which is C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. Once the location is selected choose repair button. The files will be repaired and you can view them.