Thread: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server

Hi,

My problem is I just simply can't sign in. Every time I attempt to, the window displays - Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com. Every time I try and log into a site that requires a password I reciever this message. Please provide anything you know that might help me figure out the cause, origin, and solution of this problem.

Re: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server

You need to ensure that Firefox provides the default settings and check your personal settings. Ensure that it accepts cookies, so you can make a connection. Restart Firefox and you should be fine.

There must be some kind of adware or spyware running on your pc. Download combofix.exe. Double click combofix.exe & follow the instructions. Then scan the whope computer with combofix. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.

First try clearing all the temporary files on your pc including cache, history, etc You can check the general.useragent prefs on the about:config page. You can open the about:config page via the location bar, just like you open a website. Filter: general.useragent. If any general.useragent prefs are bold (user set) then right-click that pref and choose Reset.