Thread: Firefox Error : sec_error_untrusted_issuer

Firefox Error : sec_error_untrusted_issuer

Hi,

I am having trouble getting exceptions added for self-signed certificates in Firefox 3. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is not trusted. (Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer), When I click on add exception, it says "Unable to obtain identification status for the given site" Anybody has a solution to it?

Re: Firefox Error : sec_error_untrusted_issuer

You can remove error : sec_error_untrusted_issuer but you should be very careful accessing web sites which pretend to have valid secure certificate. You can add an exception for this page. When the error comes up, click on the link that states “or you can add an exception”, then click on "Get Certificate" and "Confirm Security Exception" or you can directly go in Options - Advanced - Encryption - View Certificates -
    Server - Add Exception.

You will get the error (sec_error_untrusted_issuer) as it wouldn't be able to fix the signature of it and note (untrusted issuer) which mean the cert is ok but I don't know the issuer. Type about:config in the address bar. type in: browser.xul.error_pages.enabled and enable it by double clicking on "false" in the window.

Sometimes when you click the button Cancel, the popup appears again many times before it disappear for a long moment and then it appears again automaticly without clicking any link. this was the bug in firefox, see this - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=431826. I think this makes the decision a lot clearer than either the current error page or the text in the exception dialog.