Thread: What is a FTA Satellite Receiver?

What is a FTA Satellite Receiver?

I have know about satellite broadcast, but somewhere I heard about FTA Satellite Receiver. I want to know what exactly is a FTA Satellite Receiver? Can anyone explain me in detail???

Re: What is a FTA Satellite Receiver?

An FTA receiver is a satellite receiver that is equipped to receive unencrypted FTA (Free to Air) satellite transmissions. An FTA satellite receiver can decode MPEG-2 data compression protocol used in most free to air satellite transmissions.

Using FTA satellite receivers, one can legally receive TV signals without subscription. The signal is typically encoded in an MPEG-2 video and may be restricted geographically. In some places around the world, people can receive encrypted Free to Air satellite channels through the UHF and VHF band. The channels transmitted through Free to Air satellite are received by utilizing a common MPEG-2 video compatible satellite receiver.

The equipment necessary for you to enjoy the FTA receiver are (choose one of these - Pansat, Coolsat, Conaxsat, and many other great brand names) and a satellite dish on the details of the specifications required by the satellite that is desired point. However, many satellites only require a DTV dish meets the standard that can be easily found in any satellite TV or electronics store. Both C-band and K-Band dishes work very well.

FTA Satellite networks are not encrypted and can be received and decoded by anyone with a FTA receiver at no cost. TVRO is a term used to describe the scheme of payment available using the same technology as the programming of the FTA. In the U.S., TVRO programming is available in National Programming Service and the superstar. Devices TVRO premium channels are encrypted using Videocipher II RS and premium channels are encrypted using digital TVRO Digicipher II.