Thread: How can i recover stored passwords from Internet Explorer

How can i recover stored passwords from Internet Explorer

Hey guys, i need some serious help from you all guys. However, i use Firefox as my default browser, but for my crucial websites where i need to save my passwords like my financial sites, insurance company, etc.. i use Internet Explorer web browser. Last month i have taken an insurance from one of the company and have saved the password for the site on IE's prompt to save password.

Now after a month, i forgot that password. But it is saved on IE on my particular laptop. I want to recover that password so that i can use it on other PC's as well. So could you guys please help me out and make me know how can i recover stored passwords from Internet Explorer ? Thanks in advance.

Re: How can i recover stored passwords from Internet Explorer

While searching for the solution, fortunately i got something to help you out. For recovering the saved passwords on IE, you need a third party application that is IEPasswordDecryptor. It is the free tool to quickly and easily recover stored passwords from Internet Explorer.It has the ability to recover both Autocomplete and HTTP basic authentication based passwords from IE secret store.You can input any double click to the Web site that makes it easy to sign-on passwords to authenticate. It also comes with distinctive feature that allows the user to reset IE content advisor password in case the user has lost.

Download IEPasswordDecryptor

IEPasswordDecryptor also presents 'IE history manager' interface which not only displays the contents of IE history in detail but also provides the option to add/remove websites with ease. User can save the displayed password list and IE history list to TEXT as well HTML file for offline verification & storage. IEPasswordDecryptor can recover passwords from all version of Internet Explorer starting from version 4.0 to latest version 8.0. Also it works on wide range of Windows platforms including Windows Vista & Windows 7.

Features:

• Recover Autocomplete and HTTP basic authentication based passwords from IE version 4.0 to 8.0
    • Recover HTTP basic authentication passwords from IE version 4.0. to 8.0
    • Reset the content advisor password of Internet Explorer
    • Export option to save the decrypted password list to TEXT or HTML file.
    • Displays websites stored by IE history along with option to add/remove entries
    • Export option to save the displayed IE history list to HTML file.
    • Sort the password and history entries based on various fields by just clicking on the column header.
    • Visit the website by directly double clicking on displayed entry.
    • 'Add Website' option to add website link to existing IE history to help in recovering password for which website link is not present in IE history (applicable for IE version 7 or more).

Source:securityxploded.com

If you are not aware of using this useful tool, than here is how it works. Launch IEPasswordDecryptor on your local system. It will automatically detect the version of Internet Explorer and displays basic authentication passwords from AutoComplete and HTTP. You can click on any displayed effect double click to the website for quick checks directly to visit. Then you can use the username / password list to text or HTML file on save "Save to Text" or "Save to HTML" button. It also provides option to reset IE the password of the content advisor.