Thread: Firefox hangs & freezes frequently

Firefox hangs & freezes frequently

Hi,

My firefox hangs up whenever I load pages above 30 with GreaseMonkey? enabled. Firefox hangs & freezes repeatedly, and Windows Task Manager doesn't actually start (although Windows does let me ask it to start, it just never shows up, but the other browsers on the same system are working without problems.

Re: Firefox hangs & freezes frequently

Trying to delete a bookmarks folder that contains many bookmarks and multiple levels of sub-folders can cause Firefox to hang. Yu can also run Firefox in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows can make Firefox run very slowly. Check the Compatibility tab in the properties of desktop shortcut of Firefox and uncheck Run this program in compatibility mode if unchecked.

If all else fails you reinstall Firefox, disable all extensions, and almost always do the following to solve any problem: Windows: Change the name "Firefox" folder in the following directory: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Mozilla to something like "Firefox-bak" and reloading Firefox.

Firefox may hang if left open for long periods of time. To fix the issue, restart Firefox. If you regularly leave Firefox open so that you return to where you left off, you may want to use Firefox's Session Restore feature. When you exit the program, Firefox can remember your open windows and tabs. When you restart Firefox, you can optionally reload those windows and tabs.

To enable Session Restore:

1. At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click on the ToolsFirefoxEdit menu, and select Options...Preferences....
    2. Click the Main icon.
    3. From the When Firefox starts drop-down, select Show my windows and tabs from last time.
    4. Click OK to close the Options windowClick Close to close the Preferences windowClose the Preferences window

Firefox is now configured to remember your windows and tabs. You can close Firefox without losing the currently opened web pages, which may prevent Firefox from hanging.

For more info : Firefox