Thread: Firefox 3.5 does not delete all private data

Firefox 3.5 does not delete all private data

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest version of Firefox 3.5 few days back. I have a question that I wanted to delete all my private data. I went to Tools - Clear Recent History - Everything. Some cookies and saved passwords are not deleted. why is that so and does anybody has the same prob?

Re: Firefox 3.5 does not delete all private data

If you want to delete all private data, you need to click on tools, under options, click on privacy, use custom settings for history, Tick the box that says Clear History when Firefox closes. Then click the settings button next to that option. Then Tick mark all the things you want to be deleted. Then close Firefox and tick mark on delete everytime you close Firefox. Then restart your firefox, everything will be cleared.

If Firefox 3.5 does not delete all private data, you can easily download a freeware program called ccleaner, it used to be called crap cleaner, that removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. It does all for you, just check the box of what you want to remove like history, saved password, etc. check this - How to use CCleaner before using it.

The easy way is to Press Ctrl+Shift+Del to delete all private data in Firefox 3.5, it will open the Clear Private Data window in Firefox, select everything and hit OK. It will clear your search history, download history, Web form history, temporary Internet files, or cookies.