Thread: Firefox Error Code -12227

Firefox Error Code -12227

Hello!

I want to register with a client certificate to a server and get the message: xxxx.in has received an incorrect or unexpected message. Error code: -122227. I'm using the version 2.0.0.14.

In the server log is: SSL_ERROR_SSL ..... the client did not send a certificate message for its authentication and we can't .........

Does anyone know the error message / error code?

Is there a solution?

Re: Firefox Error Code -12227

When you attempt to connect to a website that requires certificates, Firefox may display an error similar to the following:

forums.techarena.in has received an incorrect or unexpected message.
    Error Code: 12227

This indicates that your browser did not supply a certificate to the site in question. This can occur for a number of reasons:
    • You do not have a certificate in your browser, see the "How can I test my certificates?" answer to verify that you have a certificate your certificate is expired .
    • Certificates expire once a year and must be renewed, you need to click "Cancel" when prompted for your master password, or repeatedly entered the wrong password

Mozilla Firefox : Error -12227

This message appears when an HTTPS server requires a personal certificate is not installed in the client browser.

To verify that the personal certificate is installed in your browser, in Tools / Options ... / Advanced / Certificates / Manage Certificates ... Your certificate should appear in the 'Your Certificates'

If the personal certificate is present in the browser and the error is still there, it means that the personal certificate does not allow access to https server.

If no certificate or the validity date mentioned is no longer current, this means that there have been problems with the automatic installation of the certificate in your browser. Sign up for loading and the office internet, so we can issue you a certificate which you can load onto your hard drive.