Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-08-2009

IE8 Menu bar blacked out

Hi,

I have a problem in IE 8 which has just started from past 2 days in that when I connect online, the bars at the top of IE and web pages, the Menu bar are all blacked out. I am running WinXP Pro SP3 with the Windows Classic menus. How do I change the background color? I have even tried uninstalling IE8 then reinstall but didn't work , does it is something related with the windows Themes ?
Old 26-08-2009

Re: IE8 Menu bar blacked out

Have you tried changing the Resolution of your display driver? Right click an empty space on your Desktop, click on Properties, then click on Themes. Note your current Theme, then in the drop down menu, click on a different Theme, but don't apply. Now return to and click your current theme and click apply and also disable any third-party program which applies themes or changes the appearance of windows
Old 26-08-2009

The fact that the problem occurs after the computer has been in use by malware. If you turn ON the Menu bar is it black also? To do this, go to View - under Tool bars - select Menu bar. It must solve your problem.
Old 26-08-2009

When you open Windows Internet Explorer on a Windows XP-based computer or on a on a Windows Vista-based computer or Windows Explorer on a Windows XP-based computer, you may find that the menu bar, or the toolbar, or both, are missing. To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps accordingly.
Old 17-02-2011

This fixed that problem with the black menu bar! You're awesome!

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,