Thread: How to download Torrent files with Firefox

How to download Torrent files with Firefox

I'm addicted to firefox, and i do download everything with firefox. I'm using various fireofx add-on for different uses. But the only thing firefox missing is downloading torrent files. It seems firefox doesn't have any support to download the torrent files with it. I can't find any add-on for this. So i juat wonder if there is any way to add torrent files support in firefox? I'm using firefox 3.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How to download Torrent files with Firefox

You use firefox for downloads? i'm also firefox lover , but for downloading it sucks. It never gives the accelerated downlaod speed. You should use the dedicated download applications like IDM , uTorrent, BitTorrent and FalshGet etc. I use IDM , it gives really good download speed. You can test any onne of them and see the difference between firefox buit-in internal downloader and this torrent downloading applications. Look at this thread also : How to increase the speed of Torrent Download?

You can use the FoxTorrent Firefox Add-on , it is a BitTorrent extension for Firefox web browser. FoxTorrent makes it possible to download .torrent files in Firefox, and integrates BitTorrent downloads . Lets you stream torrents as they download, from your web browser, with zero configuration needed.

Features:

• Streaming Fast Delivery : Watch video and listen to audio as it downloads.
    • Complete Firefox Integration : Manage your torrent downloads from your browser window.
    • Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu Linux : Consistent downloading experience across all three platforms.
    • Background Downloading : Continues to work even after your browser window has been closed.
    • Low Resource Footprint : Foxtorrent uses less than 8 MB of RAM, and doesn't hog bandwidth.
    • Configuration-Free : Automatic support for NATs, uPNP, and firewalls, with no tinkering necessary.

FireTorrent is another firefox extension available to download torrent files. It is the world’s first BitTorrent plugin for the Wyzo and Firefox web browsers. Google for it, you'll easily find it for download.