Thread: I can not remove gateway upnp

I can not remove gateway upnp

Hi,

Last month I was with my family friends & noticed that one of them had tried something with my network connection & now I can see An internet gateway connection but the problem is that I don't need it & i am trying hard to remove it but no success yet. Can you guys let me know what could be the problem?
    I can not remove gateway upnp

Thanks in advance.

Re: I can not remove gateway upnp

"Internet Gateway" in your "Network Connections" screen is just your router. I don't use this feature, but you can check your router and are using this icon. If you don't need it then, go into your router's configuration utility and turn off "uPnP" (Universal Plug & Play) ability in the router.

Capabilities of the Internet Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client and of Universal Plug and Play

UPnP is a collection of standards and protocols that permits Windows to provide discovery and interoperability between a wide variety of Universal Plug and Play network devices. When connected to a network, UPnP devices immediately provide their services and use other services on the network. By default, the Internet Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client is installed, whereas UPnP is not.

"Internet Gateway" icon is really there because Windows XP has a UPNP enabled router elsewhere on your network has detected. One way to hide the icon under disable UPnP, is the easy way to do this to untick the firewall exception for "UPnP Framework" which will make the icon disappear after your next reboot.

If you are unsure of your configuration, you can monitor the steps outlined below.
    1. Go to start> Installation> Check Panel-> Add or Remove Programs, then remove the click Add / Windows Components in the left column. When the Windows Components window, scroll down and rises to the line of Network Services link, then click Details.
    2. You see the Discovery of the selected device from the Internet Gateway and the Client Control? If so, clear the check box.
    3. Shows selected Listener CRACKS? If so, clear the check box.
    4. You see the selected services Simple TCP / IP? If so, clear the check box.
    5. You see Universal Plug and selected? If so, clear the check box.
    6. Then, as needed, get to finish (you'll need to reboot if you have any changes you made).