Thread: Convert analog to digital

Convert analog to digital

hi
    i am enthusiastic to know that how to convert analog to digital signal.i am just wanted to know this as its going to become part of my project
    thank you

Re: Convert analog to digital

Analog signal is like wave signal which magnitude get varies linearly so to convert this analog signal you have to take sample of this analog signal at specific length so for that you will need sampler which can Convert analog to digital with sample for you....

The higher the sampling rate , the more perfect will be the analog signal produced by the digital-to-analog converter (DAC).so choose good device to do that conversion also there is some factor that you sholud keep in mind like signal to noise ratio snr

An Analog or analogue signal is any continuous signal for which the time varying feature (variable) of the signal is a representation of some other time varying quantity, i.e analogous to another time varying signal. It differs from a digital signal in terms of small fluctuations in the signal which are meaningful. Analog is usually thought of in an electrical context; however, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and other systems may also convey analog signals.The term digital signal is used to refer to more than one concept. It can refer to discrete-time signals that have a discrete number of levels, for example a sampled and quantified analog signal, or to the continuous-time waveform signals in a digital system, representing a bit-stream. In the first case, a signal that is generated by means of a digital modulation method which is considered as converted to an analog signal, while it is considered as a digital signal in the second case.so use sampler ..

wikipedia.org