Thread: Merge Mail with Windows live mail

Merge Mail with Windows live mail

I would like to know tips on Merge Mail with Windows live mail on the new operating system Windows 7 ! I tried searching but couldn't find any thing for Windows 7 have any one tried this yet or i have to use Xp for this .
    Thanks for the help .

Re: Merge Mail with Windows live mail

You must use the same versions of Outlook and Word, but i dont think that Word can directly access WLM's contacts .

It think you should have a look at this thread : http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...il/1216729.htm

You can Use the Outlook Express Address Book in Mail Merge

1. Start Outlook Express.
    2. On the File menu, point to Export, and then click Address Book.
    3. In the Address Book Export Tool dialog box, click Text File (Comma Separated Values), and then click Export.
    4. In the Save exported file as box, type a file name for your exported Address Book file, and then click Browse.
    5. Save your file to the location that you want.

You can save your Outlook Express Address Book in one of two formats, the Comma Separated Values (*.csv) format or the Text Files (*.txt) format, because Word can use either format. In the Save as Type box, click the format that you want to use, click Save, and then click Next.
    6. Click the fields that you want to export as part of your data source, and then click Finish.

NOTE: You can export all of the fields in the Outlook Express Address Book except for Gender, Conferencing Email, and Directory Servers.
    7. When Outlook Express finishes the export procedure, click OK to confirm that the procedure is finished, and then click Close.

Hope this help you

The above tips will also work in Windows Live Mail.There is only one different is the WLM is that the address book export isn't in the main file menu. You need to open all the contact in WLM and then select File, Export.

You can merge mail via Windows Mail.
    If your Windows Mail is your default email package
    you use the plain text or attachment options. The HTML option only works with the full Outlook that's part of Microsoft Office

I have great interest in your comment that says you can merge mail with windows mail. I just went through great lengths to make Windows Mail visible on my new Windows 7 machine and then when I went to send an email merge with Word 2007 (using an Excel Data base to house the merge info) the Send E-mail Messages option is grayed still. It seems that I can't get it to recognize that Windows mail is there and waiting to be directed to execute the merge. It worked with windows mail on vista but not on Windows seven so far.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Much appreciated.

Outlook is not an option for me and I need to get an email client that will connect with some data base to do a email merge for free.

As you are looking for the third party application which will perform the mail merging for you so let me tell you that there is an application which is known as the "Mach5 Mailer" that will perform the merging of the mail as per your need. This is having the simple user interface that you can use easily. So if you can then go through the same and work with it. There are lots of email merging software available on Internet. All you have to do is to search on Google for same and download the one.