Thread: Remote Access over the internet

Remote Access over the internet

Hello friends,

I am using 10.5 over 4 computers in my house.I would like to take control over my eMac running 10.3.9.Both computer has broad band connections, I know the IP as well.I use screen sharing in our home to monitor internet use on occasion. Screen Sharing is not available with 10.3.9 system, but other options are there.Using only the Mac systems we have, is there a way I can take over eMac computer and manage it from my computer?

Any ideas will be greatly received..!
    Thanks

Re: Remote Access over the internet

Well remote access to your PC or Mac desktop, over the Internet, while you were away.Use Log Me In ree remote access application and remote access service, Instead you can access your PC or Mac really you can access several computers as you wish all over the Internet,with absolutely free of cost.It offers you to Open remote files,Check your email,Access from any browser,Access from wireless Pocket PC,Run programs, Easy to use interface,Support remote users.You just download their free software to your desktop, and then can log in and connect to your desktop through their portal, using a web browser, from anywhere in the world.

You can use Timbuktu. Might have difficulties finding a version, if any, that will work on both computers, though. But with it you can move files, chat, message, voice chat, etc.The other options listed are worst. It's just what I've been using for some time with mine and my brother's system.Often telling him to "move over, I'm coming in", since he has trouble articulating what he's doing. Lots of "thingies" and "whachamacallits".If you could shift up to Tiger then I know the latest will work on both. And you can even remotely install a copy on that computer from your machine.It just needs Remote Login active.

There are a Several ways to remotely control a PC over the Internet including the Remote Desktop / Remote Assistance feature that comes with Windows.But i would suggest you If you both have iChat, and use that to share, you don't need to do port forwarding or even know each other's IP. It seems this is being made out to be more complicated than it has to be.Damn sure you both have to be running leopard for that to work. Mom is on Panther, so VNC is it.