Thread: How to restore settings in IE7

How to restore settings in IE7

I am using Internet Explorer 7 since its release on my one of the Vista Computer. And obviously the browser is loaded with lots of add-ons. From last couple of days while browser the explorer gets freeze and gives then message that "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close".

I am just fed up of it now. So i decided to reset the settings of this browser. Could you guys please make me know how to restore settings in IE7 ? Thanks in advance.

Re: How to restore settings in IE7

Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature returns Internet Explorer to its basic state, without any add-ins or other browser extensions.If the problem is caused by damaged or incompatible Internet Explorer settings or add-ons, you can usually resolve the problem by resetting Internet Explorer settings.To use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature from Control Panel, follow these steps:-

• Go to Start and type inetcpl.cpl in the Open box, and then press Enter.

• The Internet Options dialog box appears.

• Click the Advanced tab.

• Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.

• When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.

• Start Internet Explorer again.

Thats it!!

It also provides a detailed description of what the feature does, provides information about the feature for network administrators, and provides information about the feature for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and users who brand and distribute Internet Explorer.The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature restores the following items to their default settings:
    1. Home pages
    2. Search scopes
    3. Browsing history
    4. Form data
    5. Passwords
    6. Appearance settings
    7. Toolbars
    8. ActiveX controls

These settings include all the customizations that you can make to Internet Explorer by using the Internet Options dialog box. For example, the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature resets security settings, privacy settings, and zone settings for all users on the computer. Any settings that are set by add-ins or toolbars that you downloaded are also reset.