Thread: Yahoo mail spam filter

Yahoo mail spam filter

I use Yahoo mail Classic as my main mail client for all purpose. But from last few months am receiving many spam emails in my inbox which is now annoying me. Is there any spam filter for Yahoo mail that can stop this spams to hit the inbox ? If yes please let me know soon ? Help appreciated.

Re: Yahoo mail spam filter

Its really annoying getting spams in our inbox. I was also facing this problem couple of months ago but fortunately i succeed to stop them. Here is the way i did, just go through it:-
    • On Yahoo mail classic login with your ID and Password and on the left side of the page click on Spam. You will find it under inbox folder.

• Now on top of the messages, you will find an option link for Edit settings. Click on the same.

• Now on the lest side of the newly opened page click on Spam and than on the right hand side turn on the SpamGuard.

• You can automatically delete all things that Yahoo considers, which can cause you to delete a lot of things that you don't want to be deleted, or you can select the second one

• Once done, click save. Thats it..

Thanks for sharing this useful info mate. While i was getting spams to my Yahoo mail, i also tried this. It worked but but still i get some of spams. i tried to find some more option by going in those settings but there was nothing. Is there any way to make Spam filter much stronger ?

Yeah, there is the way to customize the SpamGuard as well. It automatically works with pre-set protection choices. The first time you make changes to SpamGuard, it will walk you through the setup and options. If you already made adjustments, the following options will all appear on one page:

• Determine where spam goes and for how long
      • Do you want messages determined to be spam to be automatically deleted or directed to your Bulk/Spam folder? Use the pull-down menu in the Spam Protection section of "Mail Options" to choose how long spam should be kept before it's deleted.

• Determine which images to allow
      • Decide if HTML images will be viewable when you first receive a message. Blocking certain images helps control the abuse of web beacons, invisible tags within an email that let senders know that your address is active or the email has been opened. In the Spam Protection section of "Mail Options", you can choose to block all images, images sent by unknown senders, or only images in messages SpamGuard thinks are spam.

• Click the "Spam" button if you get an unwanted email
      • If you receive spam from a particular email address, click the "Spam" button in the toolbar at the top of your Inbox or message. This will report the address as belonging to a spammer so Yahoo! Mail can watch out for future mail from this sender.