| || |
Join Date: May 2009
Re: Yahoo mail spam filter
Yeah, there is the way to customize the SpamGuard as well. It automatically works with pre-set protection choices. The first time you make changes to SpamGuard, it will walk you through the setup and options. If you already made adjustments, the following options will all appear on one page:
- Determine where spam goes and for how long
- Do you want messages determined to be spam to be automatically deleted or directed to your Bulk/Spam folder? Use the pull-down menu in the Spam Protection section of "Mail Options" to choose how long spam should be kept before it's deleted.
- Determine which images to allow
- Decide if HTML images will be viewable when you first receive a message. Blocking certain images helps control the abuse of web beacons, invisible tags within an email that let senders know that your address is active or the email has been opened. In the Spam Protection section of "Mail Options", you can choose to block all images, images sent by unknown senders, or only images in messages SpamGuard thinks are spam.
- Click the "Spam" button if you get an unwanted email
- If you receive spam from a particular email address, click the "Spam" button in the toolbar at the top of your Inbox or message. This will report the address as belonging to a spammer so Yahoo! Mail can watch out for future mail from this sender.