Thread: How to save shockwave flash movie

How to save shockwave flash movie

While browsing online i come across lots of shockwave flash movies that i need to save on my computer sometimes. But as you all know when we right click on those files it don't have any option to save. So i just wanted to know is there any way that i can save shockwave flash movies from browsers to my Windows XP computer ?

Re: How to save shockwave flash movie

There are professional tools and plugins that will help you in a flash to view and save, but for a price. There are several free flash viewers only what you will allow to view flash files on your computer are located, but they don'y allow you to save those files. But if it is in Shockwave Flash format than there is a good chance to save them on the computer. To save such kind of files from your Firefox browser, there is a plugin that can do the job easily. It is VideoDownloader. VideoDownloader add a small icon on the status bar at the bottom of your firefox window, and a toolbar button. Just click that and download the video you are watching. It works with all embedded objects on a webpage including flash, quicktime, etc..

Download VideoDownloader

Some cartoons or animations that are available for online viewing usually can be ripped so that you can play it offline. There’s a good chance that they are made in Shockwave Flash format using the Macromedia Flash program. Whether it is flash animation, flash tutorials, flash websites, or even flash advertisement, all can be saved to your hard using some methods if they are in the same format.

For Firefox user

• Click on Tools - Page Info
    • Then, click the Media Tab on the Page Info Windows
    • The media tab will have complete list of Images, CSS Files and Shockwave Flash files that were downloaded by the Firefox browser while loading the page of the website.
    • Scroll down the list and locate the .swf file.
    • Click the “Save As” button. Choose some folder on your hard drive and save the file.

For Internet Explorer user
    • Firstly, click Tools - Internet Options
    • In the General Tab, click the Settings button available in the Temporary Internet Files group.
    • Click View Files to open your Temporary Internet Files folder.
    • Click View - Details. Now click View - Arrange Icons By - Internet Address. Depending upon the webpage, there could one or more Flash files (Shockwave Flash Object) under the Internet Address.
    • Once you find the right flash file, right-click and choose Copy. Then paste the .swf file in any other folder,such as My Document.

Remember that these methods above only function if your internet browser’s cache file has not been cleared yet. Make sure that you did not close the internet browser before you save the flash file.Source:bloganything

Thanks for sharing this useful info guys.. I was also searching for this tip but for Opera browser. If any one of you using Opera and want to know how to save shockwave flash than don't get confused. Just like IE, Opera stores the flash files in the browser cache. Follow the process of IE.