Thread: What is Alexa Redirect

What is Alexa Redirect

I just need a little bit information about Alexa redirect. I have heard these words many times but i am not much aware of this. I just know that it is some thing related to the bloggers and their site. And as there are lots of my friends who are bloggers and might be they are not aware of them, i can help them out. So could you guys please make me know what is meant by Alexa redirect ? Thanks in advance.

Re: What is Alexa Redirect

Alexa is a hideous site for most bloggers because it offers a "traffic ranking" of your site. Alexa follows each user that has their toolbar installed to their browser, check what sites they have visited and how they interact with them. With this data, they lead to the rank and graphs for any enlightenment on how to market your site to others up to offer. A quick google for "Alexa redirect" brings up over 50,000 results, some of them promote the Alexa redirect, others say it is a myth.It is well known that you can increase Alexa Ranking by Alexa Toolbar for IE and Sparky for Firefox. These add on tools on the web browsers keep count of site visitors and help determining the Alexa Ranking.

Alexa redirected links were widely used instead of the main site url, to which they anyway redirected.Here’s how a Alexa redirect looks like: http://redirect.Alexa.com/redirect?myblog.com. But i have heard that these links works no more. All Alexa redirects are gone and show 404 errors.Still, bloggers use the Alexa redirect with a hope to boost up their alexa rankings.But I believe they removed this issue to remove any confusion or misuse about these controversial redirects.

If you want to help your blogger friends with the help of Alexa Redirect than make them to download the Alexa toolbar and use it every day to visit their own website. Alexa even gives the ability to co-brand the toolbar with your own logo and give it away.