Thread: AOL 9.0 freezes continuously on my pc

AOL 9.0 freezes continuously on my pc

I had download AOL 9 in my windows xp pc. Whenever I run it and download my mails it hangs up and stop. I have Norton Antivirus in my system. Many a times when I connect it to the internet the connection drops out. I have to kill the process by using Windows XP Task Manager utility. Does the problem arises due to incomplete installation or incomplete download of the file. What should I do now to make this thing work.

Re: AOL 9.0 freezes continuously on my pc

First you will have to remove the program properly from your system. Then after a fresh installation I hope the the problem can be sorted. To do this open control panel and click on add/remove program. Uninstall the application from the list. Then run Disk Cleanup to clear all temporary file. You can also use CCleaner for the same purpose. Then download the setup file of AOL 9. This file is the AOL 9.0 optimized software. Go to C:\\AOL Downloads\aolsetup90. Launch it and install it properly.

The best option is to install the software manually. This avoid many errors. Like create a new folder in C:\Program file. And then give the directory for AOL installation. Do not allow to create it a automatic directory. Then you can browse in that directory and use the ASCuninstall file to uninstall the application. In the same way if you a older version of this software then it does not cost conflict among the files.

I think Norton is the cause of your problem. It is a powerful antivirus. It blocks up all the incoming and outgoing connections which are not authenticated. I will recommend you to set your Norton Security options to minimum level. Or try this create a new user profile and then disable Norton in that account. Run AOL. If it works then you will have to remove Norton and get any other Antivirus like Avira or AVG.