Thread: FireFox Anonymous Plugin

FireFox Anonymous Plugin

I have just reinstalled my Windows XP computer and using the default internet Explorer 6. Some of my colleagues use to prevent their browser using a JavaScript at Web sites without permission. But i don't know how to do that and want some simple way. I use Firefox as my default browser and want an anonymous surfing. Is there any anonymous plugin out there for FireFox ? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: FireFox Anonymous Plugin

Mozilla Firefox has several security settings you can adjust via the Preferences pane, but there are also more than 150 privacy and security extensions you can add as well. Fortunately there is an Firefox plug-in called FoxTor that offers you anonymous Web Browsing using the encrypted TOR network.

When you use the Internet, you leave a trail of information that can be used to track your online activities. FoxTor is a tool that helps prevent this. It provides an easy and convenient way to browse the web using the anonymous and encrypted TOR network. This offers greater privacy compared to regular proxy services or extensions.It use the "Masked" and "Unmasked" metaphor to help you control when websites can and cannot track you. Once installed, you Mask and Unmask yourself by clicking the icon in the bottom left corner of your web browser.

Download FoxTor Plug-in

You can also try NoScript Plug-in for your Firefox that offers best security you can get in a web browser. It allows JavaScript, Java and other executable content to run only from trusted domains of your choice, e.g. your home-banking web site, guarding your "trust boundaries" against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS) and Clickjacking attempts, thanks to its unique ClearClick technology. Such a preemptive approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even unknown!) with no loss of functionality.

Thanks a lot guys for the quick and helpful reply. That is all i needed and that is why i like to use firefox. It allows to do all this job with just a plug-in rather than making such scripts and all. i appreciate all your helps.

Doesn't anonymous surfing slow down your speed because I think somebody told me that.