Thread: Hotmail pop settings

Hotmail pop settings

Can anyone give me the Hotmail pop settings so that i retrieve my emails from another email service. i can't find this info anywhere, i search Techarena forum threads also, but no thread giving the htmail settings. Please help me out.

Re: Hotmail pop settings

There is no SMTP server or pop3 settings for hotmail because its web based email service. As you you clicks on the server tab for hotmail account, you'll see :

My mail server is an http server: Server URL: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

POP3 settings for Hotmail

POP3 technology is now available to Hotmail users - access multiple e-mail accounts from just one place. Access multiple e-mail accounts from just one place with Hotmail . With POP3 you can receive, read, and respond to mail from other e-mail accounts. Some e-mail providers, such as Gmail and Yahoo! Mail let you forward mail to another e-mail address.

What is POP3?

POP3 is widely recognised as the standard protocol for receiving e-mail. The beauty of POP3 lies in its universal nature, allowing you to access an e-mail account from virtually any e-mail client.

Enabling POP3 in Hotmail

Fortunately this is a painlessly easy process - simply hit 'Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts' from your Options menu. A wizard will take you through the necessary steps.

When you set up Hotmail in the e-mail program on your PC or mobile device, you may be asked for the following information:

POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)

POP SSL required? Yes

User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example yourname@hotmail.com

Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live

SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25 or 587)

Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)

TLS/SSL required? Yes

You could also try:

Viewing your Hotmail using Windows Live Mail, Microsoft Office Outlook via the Outlook Connector, or Windows Live for Windows Mobile phone.

Further information

Only some users, including users who have a paid subscription to Windows Live Hotmail, can add a POP3 account to their Windows Live Hotmail account.

Paying Windows Live Hotmail users can add up to four POP3 accounts.

To check a POP3 account for new mail, on the toolbar of your Inbox, click POP.

The maximum size of an e-mail message that you can download is 15 MB. Messages that are larger than 15 MB won't be downloaded.

You can download 50 messages at a time. If you have to download more than 50 messages, you must download 50 of them at a time.

Handy tip: you can also access Hotmail on your web-enabled mobile phone by going to mobile.live.com.

Source: msn.com

Thanks worm4u for updating me.