Thread: Which is the best image search engines

Which is the best image search engines

I am working for a Photo studio organization from last couple of months. As my job concern i use to search images on internet and need to work with them. Some times it happens that when search some images on google or yahoo, i don't get the perfect match. So i am here, hope you guys help me out. I need to know which is the best site or image search engine ? Please let me know soon. Thanks in advance.

Re: Which is the best image search engines

There are lots of image search engines that can result you in 100 of perfect match. I like to use Picsearch when i need to search any images. It uses its own technology to crawl the web and has created a searchable index of images. When a user sends a query to Picsearch the result is received as a set of thumbnail images that are sorted to ensure that they are as highly relevant as possible. When the user clicks on a thumbnail they are linked to the original web site where that image is located.

Picsearch is also family friendly and has family filters. It downloads the original images only to create thumbnail images. Afterwards the original images are removed. Thus, you can only view the thumbnails when searching for a specific image. The thumbnails are accompanied by references to the original page it was indexed from. This enables you to visit the original page and obtain the appropriate permissions to use the image.

You said, you don't get the perfect match on Google. Do you try this images.google.com/ ? If not than try. I like to use this as it gives you thousands of image results very fast. But a limitation is you need to click to the image source page to see the full size image. Also images.search.yahoo.com is better i can say. Here you can also opt for color and b&w by quick links.

There are lots more image search engines that you can go for, like search-22, Fagan Finder, Bing images, Altavista Image Search, Getty Images, etc..