Thread: Share Internet between Wi-fi and LAN

Share Internet between Wi-fi and LAN

I have a laptop and a Desktop system in my office. Now I have a broadband cable net. That is only cable internet connection I have. I want to share the same between my Laptop via wi-fi and Pc via LAN. What does I need to do this. And is there a way by which I can create a temporary wireless hotspot in my office and then disconnect it. That means what are the ways to setup a hotspot.

Re: Share Internet between Wi-fi and LAN

Sharing a internet connection between a Wi-Fi and LAN is not a big deal. Only thing is that you will need to buy a wireless router. By a Linksys wireless router. Just place the router at that higher level to get maximum coverage and plug the cable line in the router. Then configure the router to your laptop so that it can receive signal. Second thing your PC can share the same via cable coming from router.

A external wireless router can solve your issue. You can connect both your laptop and PC to it and share the internet connection. But if you trying to create a hotspot then buy a router which capable to send signals to a wide range. So that it will not cost you again to get an additional router to create a hotspot. Just connect the PC via LAN and Laptop via bluetooth to your laptop. Configure them and share the internet connection.

Creating Hotspot like providing internet like ISP. The thing you need is a hotspot router which comes with a antenna. Hotspot is place where we can enjoy free internet service. So you will need a good internet connection for that. If you have a standard line then you will get an extremely slow speed. The goal of hotspot service is to cover a area by 802.11 signal. Just by allowing unsecured connection you can enable any user to connect to your laptop.