Thread: Sound doesn't work on internet

Sound doesn't work on internet

I'm having a Dell Dimension E521laptop on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. The sound on my system seems to be working perfectly fine when i play music off itunes, cds or dvds. But the problem is that when i try to play any music on internet, it won't work on any internet page with any browser or anything downloaded connected to the internet. Can any body tell me that why does sound on internet doesn't work on my system? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Sound doesn't work on internet

There is a sound mixer that controls the volume of individual programs. It's accessible by clicking on the sound icon. Go to internet options, then advanced settings. scroll down to multimedia and there will be a check/uncheck box next to the sentence play sounds in web pages. Click on the box and you should have sound on your system.

You are probably missing a piece of software that the web pages you are visiting need to play sound. You should use System Restore only after you have tried other troubleshooting techniques to fix the problem you may be having with a hardware or software program. System Restore simply returns your system to the way it was before you installed the hardware or software, it doesn't fix your hardware or software problem.

First try to restore your system on the point just before you lost youur sound by clicking on your Start--> All the programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->System Restore. You are probably missing a piece of software that the web pages you are visiting need to play sound. Common software programs that are used to play media from web pages include the Windows Media Player already available on your system, QuickTime and RealPlayer which I wouldn't recommend installing unless you really need to hear the sounds these web pages are trying to play.